A recent exchange on Twitter made me consider this:
What do I need to write? What puts me into that place that lets me go to town with the muse? Well, here’s my answer. Everything on this list is not crucial but definitely has put me into that great place.
To Kiss The Muse, I like:
- Orange Soda. I feel like Kel from Keenan and Kel. Do you love orange soda? I do, I do, I dooooo-ooooo.
- A fresh notebook. Preferably college ruled.
- A gel pen. One that makes clicky sounds when I raise my pen from the paper.
- A good keyboard that bounces back, since I tend to type very hard and very fast.
- Cheeto’s or Oreo’s. Either of these soothe my munchies and prevents me from stopping…unless I have to take a leak.
- Music. I can’t emphasize this one enough. Hell, I’ll even add a playlist of some of my favorites!
1. Shark In The Water – V V Brown
2. Halo – Beyonce
3. Runaway – Kanye West
4. Love Rain – Jill Scott & Mos Def
5. Laughing With A Mouth Of Blood – St. Vincent
6. Epic – Faith No More
7. Down Down Down – The Presets
8. Runaway – Linkin Park
9. That’s It, I Quit, I’m Movin’ On – Adele
10. Dragula – Rob Zombie
11. Until The Day I Die – Story Of The Year
12. Push It – Static-X
13. Dibiza – Danny Tenaglia
14. The Garden – Mirah
15. YKK – Fluke
16. Sail – AWOLnation
17. Pon De Floor – Major Lazer
18. Go Back To Sleep – Spatula Castle Remix
19. Bang Bang – Nancy Sinatra
20. Maps – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
21. Skullfuck – Neophyte
22. This Is War – 30 Seconds To Mars
23. A Chore – Tom Vek
24. Piano Tune – Bar 9
- Oh, and cigarettes. Although I’m hoping I won’t depend on these much longer.