When I started this blog in October, I was pretty confidant that no one was going to read this shit. To be honest, I didn’t see myself getting past a month or two. 94 posts in and several dedicated readers (outside of those I’ve pretty much forced via Facebook) and I’m still writing. That’s a triumph for this self-deprecating writer.
So, you can only imagine how shocked I was to find that I was nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by a very kickass, sarcastic and hysterically funny writer.
My deepest gratitude to MRMARYMUTHAFUCKINGPOPPINS for nominating me for this award and spreading the love via aspoonfulofsuga. This writer restores my faith in artists supporting one another, freedom of speech and just how funny complete and utter sarcasm can be. I will never be the writer I hope to be without the feedback of great minds such as this one. (If you’re uptight…I wouldn’t recommend the blog but then again, I’d ask you why the hell you’re reading mine).
That being said, as with everything else, there are rules to this whole blog award thingymabob. Damn you rules, damn you’re yeast infected face. I’ll follow them this time though I kinda wanna be defiant just because.
RULES FOR THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Okay, so I did number one and I’m not going to do it again and you can’t make me, so there. But maybe I should since I really don’t want to do number two…hah, I just laughed as I wrote that. I sound like a kid learning to potty train. “I DON’T WANNA DO NUMBER TWO AND YOU CAN’T MAKE ME. *shits in diaper*
Fine, fine. I shall conform and shit in your designated pot I.E tell you 7 things about myself.
- I’m very loud and energetic to most people but I’m actually pretty shy when I feel out of my element.
- I have a secret addiction to knitting and Harvest Moon on Wii. (It’s a game in which you farm and do stuff and get the girl and do more stuff. I’m a cornball, I know).
- I can be in a crowd filled with people and the center of attention and I tend to still feel lonely.
- I care far too much about what people think about me even when I say I don’t give a damn.
- I was published in middle school and got to meet a famous author…and I can only tell you the piece I wrote was called Woman and I don’t even remember who the hell the author was.
- My favorite book is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith.
- I hate Harry Potter.
Damn, I feel like you should buy me dinner now. But before you get me some Sushi, because if you’re taking me out – we’re going for sushi…I still have to pass on the love.
Brain Candy – Stemming from a long stint in the world of Second Life, this blogger holds no punches and is a beast with the words. Brutally honest, she makes me piss my pants – Somewhere between fear, respect and laughter.
Blogs-of-a-Bookaholic – This blogger inspires me to read more, to challenge myself and to open myself to the potential of different viewpoints via vast genre selections.
TheSubwayPoet – This blogger makes me reconsider anything I ever penned and bothered to call it poetry. Vivid, intriguing, therapeutic…makes me want to ride the subway.
TheMentalWard – Posts on sex have never been done so well. Pretty damn blunt and so well written. Talking about sex and so much more with such a distinct voice, this blogger is just another testament to the knowledge and humor that can be found through the blogging world. I’m still rereading the spit/swallow post as I pen this nomination.
I would nominate the blogger that nominated me but I think that would just cause some cycle to be set in motion and I don’t think I can come up with 7 new things about me if I were to get renominated.
Again, I thank everyone who bothers to read this thing, the people who comment and the people who continue to believe in my chaotic ass.