Technically, still on day one of CampNaNoWriMo. Yes, I’m going to actually fill this blog with a whole useless series of my NaNo journey. At some point, if I have the courage, I will share some excerpts and research that I’ve come across through the process. But for right now – I’ve come to a few conclusions.
- Staying up all night before an expected ten hour shift is a BAD idea.
- I should learn to read slower.
- Never tell another writer your candid idea – what they will do is give their two cents on what you should do despite the fact that they themselves admit that they can’t handle writing 1700 words a day. They will also walk around and tell anyone and everyone who will listen about your idea and how their suggestion is fucking awesome.
- Never expect your friends to act like they care at all about your work. The fake smiles and half-hearted questions don’t show interest when they come off as obligation.
- Don’t assume everyone you talk to is your friend, even if they swear up and down that they want to be.
- Ordering pizza is awesome.
- Pepsi doesn’t taste as good as it used to.
- I’m scared that I’m spending my “prime” trying to get out of a shitty ordeal and by the time I get away from all of this baggage…no one will like anything about me. Not that anyone does now.
- I have really low self esteem.
- I’m tired of hoping.
- MY MAIN CHARACTER STILL DOESN’T HAVE A NAME!
- People will agree to anything you say on a topic they know nothing about because they would rather have your opinion than their own.
- People don’t care about art anymore. I am beginning to think they never did.
- God hates me and the feeling is still mutual. I just happen to be writing a book about him.
End of day 1 word count – 4429
Follow me on twitter for more useless updates – @CerebralOMG